PRINCE2® practitioner training course
What’s Included in this PRINCE2® Training Course?
The following is included in this PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner course:
- The PRINCE2® Practitioner Examination
- Course material
- Experienced PRINCE2® Instructor
Duration: Virtual Classroom Instructor-led (1 days)
Who should attend this PRINCE2® training course?
This PRINCE2® Practitioner training course is aimed at project management. However, is it also intended for anyone looking to build their knowledge in project management methodology. Other individuals that would benefit from undertaking PRINCE2® certifications include:
- Project Managers
- Aspiring Project Managers
- Project Board Members
- Project Support Staff
- Office Support and Line Managers
- Product Deliver Managers
- Senior Responsible Owners
- Change Analysts
This course includes:
- PRINCE2® Foundation Examination Fees
- Experienced PRINCE2® Instructor
- The official PRINCE2 manual
- Pre-course material
- course material
- Sample exam paper
The seven PRINCE2® principles are:
- Continued business justification: there must be a justifiable reason to be running and managing the project. If not, the project should be closed.
- Learn from experience: PRINCE2 project teams should continually seek and draw on lessons learned from previous work.
- Defined roles and responsibilities: the PRINCE2 project team should have a clear organizational structure and involve the right people in the right tasks.
- Manage by stages: PRINCE2 projects should be planned, monitored and controlled on a stage-by-stage basis.
- Manage by exception: people working within the project should be given the right amount of authority to effectively work within the environment.
- Focus on products: PRINCE2 projects focus on the product definition, delivery and quality requirements.
- Tailor to suit the project environment: PRINCE2 must be tailored to suit the project’s environment, size, complexity, importance, capability and risk.
Application and Understanding of the themes by stating the minimum requirement needed for each theme, and give specific guidance on how to tailor to certain environments. The seven PRINCE2 themes:
- Business case: create and maintain a record of the business justification for the project.
- Organization: define the individual roles and responsibilities of the whole project team.
- Quality: what the quality requirements and measures are and how the project will deliver them.
- Plans: the steps required to develop the plans and the PRINCE2 techniques that should be used.
- Risk: effectively identify risks and opportunities that could impact the project.
- Change: how the project manager will assess and act on changes to the project.
- Progress: the ongoing viability and performance of the plans and how and whether the project should proceed.
These describe the steps of the project lifecycle, from the initial idea to project closure (and measurement of the benefits). Each process provides checklists of recommended activities, related responsibilities, and guidance about how to tailor to a specific environment.
The seven PRINCE2® processes:
- Starting up a project
- Directing a project
- Initiating a project
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Managing stage boundaries
- Closing a project
*The PRINCE2® Practitioner exam is taken online.
This exam can be taken at a suitable time, subject to availability; online, from anywhere.
Benefits of PRINCE2® online exams include:
- Quicker Results
- Save Travel Costs
- Take your exam at your home, office, or work when you are ready
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.